Another episode of the National Lottery- Nick Knowles fronted- game show with the lists. Outbid your opposing team to take control of the list. Get 2 lists right and then go on to the money game. Here answer the list in iterations of 3, with a maximum of 15 right answers to earn £50,000.
Unfortunately, this series the teams have all been cowardly and haven’t had an over-all good general knowledge. So far, the lists haven’t gone into the high numbers (late teens) and they haven’t really risked anything.
28 January 2012
1. Oscar-winning directors
The challengers bid 8, but only said recent film directors. They failed because they gave Sofia Coppola as their 7th answer.
2. Flags with yellow or gold in it
Neither team wanted it, so the bidding only went to 6 by the Champions. And they got them, eventually, and so the reigning Champions went through to the money list.
* Money Game: Top 40 hits by Beyonce (including duets and collaborations)
The Champions struggled to get 3 (£5,000) and then gave up.
1. Top 150 Novels sold in the UK since 2000
The challengers bid 12 and got 12. Helped by the use of 7 Harry Potter novels, and 4 Tolkein novels.
2. Actors and Actresses who have starred in any of the Lord of the Ring films
The challengers bid 7 and got 7.
* Money Game: Olympic Gold Medal winners in Track Athletics since 1980
They only got to 3 and withdrew. At least they didn’t go on as they wanted to say Colin Jackson.
- Who Dares Wins (14 Jan 2012) (sunshinetomorrow.wordpress.com)