I’ve been nominated for an award! The truly brilliant blogger Fluffrick has been far too generous and kind and nominated for the 7×7 award for which I have to do the following:
1. Share seven random facts about myself.
2. Share seven of my worthy posts under the following headers: Most Beautiful Piece, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated and Most Pride Worthy.
3. Nominate seven other bloggers (who then have to carry this on).
Before I start, just to urge any readers I may have to check out Fluffrick‘s blog. I don’t think I’m allowed to nominate him back, but he would be at the top of the list. With at least daily entries on all things ‘geek’ – whether he’s updating me on the new Avengers trailer, or discussing Inspector Spacetime, or just sharing funny photos – he’s always a good read.
I have almost deliberately tried to keep my identity out of this blog, so here goes with some random facts about me…
1. I love cricket.
2. I have a small scar on my right eye from a piece of metal that got in my eye when I was 16 and on holiday on the Californian coast. When I close my eyes in sunlight I can sometimes see the scar.
3. I used to be brilliant at maths (but it’s not something I pursued after I left school or in my career in any way).
4. I don’t eat chicken.
5. I once had dinner with Martin Bell. We talked about my local MP and money.
6. I can still quote lines from My So-Called Life seventeen years later.
7. Like Joey Barton, I love The Smiths.
Phew. Now onto seven posts.
Most Beautiful Piece: Senna and Fire in Babylon
Most Helpful: The Killing II: Episodes 9&10
Most Popular: Sherlock – The Reichenbach Fall
Most Controversial: Who Dares Wins (28 Jan 2012)
Most Surprisingly Successful: Cilla in Never Mind the Buzzcocks
Most Underrated: Birdsong Part Two
Most Pride Worthy: My first blog post on Young Apprentice
And finally, my seven nominations – do read them:
6. Strange Days
7. Fluffrick (yeah, I know)